Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Visualizing is EVERYTHING!!!

Right before the Christmas holiday my daughter sent in a video audition  to Pace University in New York for their Bachelor of Fine Arts program in Acting for TV, movies, commercial and voice over. Since then we have been waiting (tensely!) to hear whether she would get a call back, and if so, would the call back be on the day we wanted or would we have to make a second separate trip to NY (She is also auditioning for SUNY and Julliard and we've been trying to co-ordinate the timing into a one weekend event).

Needless to say that while on the outside I worked very hard to appear calm and self-assured that everything would work out perfectly, inside I was a bowl of jelly! That being said though, I thought I'd give this idea of visualization and picturing a successful outcome a try - I figured it couldn't hurt, and it just might help!

 So while the rest of my house was in hibernation mode, snuggled up in their beds, I lay with eyes closed and  mentally walked through our NY trip as if everything we wanted had come to pass exactly as we wanted it to happen.

First our Greyhound bus trip sees us arrive on time to Mid-town Manhattan's Port Authority terminal safe and sound. We grab a cab to our hotel which we find to be clean with affordable yummy restaurants right around the corner. We get a good sleep, waking up to spend the day getting the lay of the land, learning the best subway routes to each audition and visiting the Museum of Modern Art and Greenwich Village (where I used to live when I went to Parsons). The next two days are audition days and we head out to SUNY in the morning and Pace in the afternoon with Julliard on the following day. Phoebe (my daughter) of course nails the auditions, blows them away with her amazing talent. We go out for a celebratory dinner because of course she's been accepted to all three and now has a happy decision to make, and finally jump on the Greyhound bus, making it home in high spirits.

And..... so far so good! Today we just got word that my girl not only got a call back to Pace, but got it at the exact time and date that we wanted and needed to make it all happen!

I am a believer!!!

I mean yes, of course there are other factors, not least of which my daughter's talent and abilities, but when I think of all the little details that had to co-ordinate, well, like I said, I'm a believer!

What have I learned from this?

I can tell you that when it comes to my own art career goals, every day I now take half and hour and run through my own visualization scenarios of successfully getting representation in prestigious galleries, selling to interior designers, gaining recognition for my artwork and making sales like they are coming out of my ears!!!

I believe that visualization is a powerful piece of the success puzzle and I am already seeing results trickle in.

What do you think? Are you a believer too? Do you or have you used visualization and has it brought you success? I'd love hear your story. When one succeeds, the sharing of it inspires us all!


No comments:

Post a Comment