Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Too Much Talk & Not Enough Action

I Believe it's good to make goals and to have dreams. In fact every Christmas and on my birthday I always kind of do a re-evaluation. You know, how have I done. Am I making progress, falling behind. That sort of things. And for the most part I have done pretty darn good.

Except with my financial health.

In the past this has been my nemesis. But that is the last time I am going to talk like that because if thoughts are things - and I believe they are, then it's time to change my thinking, my internal pictures and my outlook in the future.

I am a professional artist. And I want to not only survive, but to thrive as an artist. So today I have spent the last few hours developing a plan of attack to set me on my path of not only getting my work recognized and respected, but also sold to clientele who really love what I do.

But before I get into that I just want to say that one of things that is just plain wrong is to talk, but not follow through with action. In my mind if you are not planning on doing what you say you are going to do, then SHUT UP! When I say I will call you on Tuesday at 1pm, then I will call you on Tuesday at 1pm. If we agree to meet to discuss a project then I will prepare for that discussion and I will be there on the day 5-15 minutes early with plans in hand. Why am I telling you this? Because I just want to be clear that I say what I mean and mean what I say. I respect, appreciate and feel honoured by people who treat me this way, and mirror that back to them as my way of saying thank you.

I have a goal of having my artwork represented by 10 or more prestigious, well-respected art galleries, and to have an excellent working relationship with 10 or more visionary interior designers. From these connections I have set my sights on selling 100 paintings in 2015. That's 8.333 per month or roughly 2 per week.

How am I going to do this?
  1. I believe in myself and visualize my success every morning and evening.
  2. Every week I am creating 1 to 2 new pieces.
  3. Every week I am contacting 100 galleries and 100 interior designers (actually even more than that as I've been building a target list for each and I've almost got 200 names on each list.
  4. Every day I am blogging about my progress and sharing my updates on all the various social media outlets
I believe that really it is all just a numbers game. There are 6-7 billion people on this planet and surely some of them have got to love what I do, and if I contact enough people eventually I will find the right ones. My father always says that in sales for every 100 calls you make, you should achieve success 1 to 2 times. So I'm going for it.

I believe that if I say what I do, and do what I say then I will achieve all that I believe I can make happen. 

What do you believe you can make happen? I'd love to hear it. Let's make it happen together!

No comments:

Post a Comment